ISIS takes 47 dead to Mosul; Peshmerga seize many more bodies

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region - The Islamic State group (ISIS) transferred 47 bodies of its dead fighters to the Mosul morgue, as dozens more corpses fell into the hands of the Peshmerga forces on Thursday.

A Peshmerga official told Rudaw the bodies were of dead fighters killed in an assault on Shingal Thursday by Peshmerga forces and backed by coalition air raids.

A Peshmerga commander told Rudaw in the late evening that 100 ISIS fighters had been killed in the operation.

"The bodies of 47 ISIS militants who were killed in today's clashes with the Peshmerga in embattled Shingal were transferred by the group to the Mosul morgue," said Ismat Rajab, an exiled Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) official from Mosul.

Another Peshmerga commander, Zaim Ali, told Rudaw that 16 suicide attacks by ISIS targeting the Peshmerga in Shingal had been foiled.

A statement from the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) said Thursday that 7,500 Peshmerga were involved in three-pronged Shingal offensive.